LEXINGTON, KY. — Alltech, an agricultural company operating in the animal feed, meat, brewing and distilling industries, has released the schedule for its Alltech ONE Conference occurring May 22 to 24, online and in-person.
The conference will include various content tracks, including aqua, beef, crop science, dairy, equine, livestock, business, health and wellness, neurogastronomy and pet.
Alltech ONE’s pet track will consist of five presentations, all of which will occur on May 23:
- Your Pet and You: Pet and Human Crossover Trends and Insights will cover the prevalence of crossover trends in the human food and pet nutrition markets. Nicole Hill, executive director of strategy at MarketPlace, will give her insights on how human food trends have led to an increase in pet supplements, treats, foods and toppers. The presentation will take place at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) virtually and at 1:45 p.m. EDT in-person.
- Brain Power: Supporting Our Pets’ Cognitive Health at All Life Stages will cover the importance of cognitive health in pets of all ages and what nutrients can play a key role in aiding brain and cognitive development. Joli Jarboe, Ph.D., DVM, DACVIM, senior veterinary neurologist and neurosurgeon at Bush Veterinary Neurology Service, will present her insights virtually at 11:30 a.m. EDT and in-person at 2:20 pm EDT.
- The Golden Years: Strategies for Senior Pet Health will discuss how nutrition can serve as preventative care to improve senior pets’ health and wellness. Laurentia van Rensburg, technical mineral manager at Alltech, will give her insights on key nutrients and lifestyle food modifications to help senior pets. The presentation will occur at 12:00 pm EDT virtually and at 2:55 p.m. EDT in-person.
- The Truth About Pet Food Mergers and Acquisitions: Revelations from an Industry Insider will feature Carol Funk, managing director at BirdsEye Advisory Group, who will share her insights on the booming trend of mergers and acquisitions and how it will impact the pet food industry. This discussion will occur in-person only at 3:45 p.m. EDT.
- Planet-Friendly Pets: Sustainability Hot Topics in the Pet Industry will feature David Butler, head of sustainability at Alltech, and Megan Wade, senior R&D manager at Canidae Pet Food, among others, who will share their insights on sustainable issues within the industry, including supply chain, packaging and pet waste. This in-person panel will take place at 4:20 p.m. EDT.
Registration for the Alltech ONE Conference ends April 30 and ranges from $95 to $895. Find out more on the Alltech ONE Conference and register at One.Alltech.com.
Read more about pet food and treat industry events.