CHICAGO — As the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA) gears up for PROCESS EXPO 2019 in October, the organization has announced a series of 30-minute Meet-Ups throughout the show where attendees and FPSA members can talk one-on-one with the organization’s networks and stimulate cross-industry collaboration.
Groups within FPSA that will participate in Meet-Ups include the Young Professionals Group, Women’s Alliance Network, Food Safety Network, Packaging Network and Technology Network.
FPSA also reported that the Young Professionals Group and Women’s Alliance Network will integrate some of their Meet-Ups with Food for Thought Sessions, in which food and beverage industry leaders will present inspirational talks on their industry experiences, both personally and professionally.
Patrick McGady, vice-chair of FPSA’s Pet Food Council and national sales manager at Handtmann, Inc., will participate in a Meet-Up on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Representatives from FPSA’s board of directors and its other industry-specific councils will participate in various Meet-Ups as well.
“All PROCESS EXPO attendees are welcome to join any of the Network Meet-Ups or join a Network in general,” said David Seckman, president and CEO of FPSA. “We want people to share their topics of interest with like-minded professionals and walk away with solutions to bring back to their company.”
The schedule for Meet-Ups includes:
Tuesday, Oct. 8
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm │ Young Professionals Group Meet-Up and Food for Thought Session (featuring Ken Hagedorn, FPSA and Foundation Board of Directors Member and Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Naegele, Inc.) │ The QUAD, booth 1377
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm │ Women’s Alliance Network Meet-Up and Food for Thought Session (featuring Jean Moran, past FPSA Board of Director Chair and former CEO of LMI Packaging Solutions, Inc.) │ FPSA booth 2848
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm │ Technology Network Happy Hour Meet-Up │ FPSA booth 2848
Wednesday, Oct. 9
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm │ Young Professionals Group Meet-Up and Food for Thought Session (featuring Patrick McGady, Vice-Chair of the Pet Food Council and National Sales Manager for Handtmann, Inc.) │ The QUAD booth 1377
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm │ Women’s Alliance Network Meet-Up (immediately following “Cargill’s Leadership Brand: Lessons from a General Manager and Soldier” educational session) │ Theater II, booth 4568
Thursday, Oct. 10
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm │ Food for Thought Session (featuring Steve Radke, Vice-Chair of the Prepared Foods Council and Director of Sales at JBTC) │ The QUAD, booth 1377
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm │ Young Professionals Group Meet-Up │ FPSA booth 2848
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm │ Joint Food Safety Network and Packaging Network Happy Hour Meet-Up │ FPSA booth 2848
Friday, Oct. 11
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am │ Women’s Alliance Network Meet-Up (following the Young Professionals Group Career Roundtables) │ Theater II, booth 4568
PROCESS EXPO will also feature a number of events and sessions relevant to pet food and treat producers, including a live kibble production line, a discussion on pet food premiumization trends, six food safety sessions, and much more. The show will take place Oct. 8 to 11 in Chicago
Find more articles related to pet food and treats on the Pet Food Processing landing page.