Browse our third and final new product slideshow, dedicated to new supplements and meal toppers for dogs and cats.
In our third and final new product slideshow in this series, Pet Food Processing highlights some new products, reformualtions and emerging brands offering functional pet supplements and meal enhancers for dog and cat food.
Brutus Bone Broth launched a new travel-size product, Brutus on the Go, catering to rising demand for convenient, portable pet nutrition and treat products for active pet owners and their companions. The powdered product is a dried version of the company’s original human-grade broth formula. Pet owners are instructed to dissolve one serving of the powder in 8 ounces of water to create a nutritious snack for dogs on the go.
Primal Pet Foods’ two existing topper lines were redesigned to offer convenience to pet owners and optimized nutrition to pets. Primal Pet has rebranded its Grinds meal topper line as Butcher’s Blend Raw Toppers, which offer 100% animal-based ingredients from high-quality meat, poultry and seafood sources. They include animal protein, organ and bone.
The company also rebranded its Mixes line as Market Mix Raw Toppers. These meal boosters are formulated with 85% animal protein, organ and bone. The remaining 15% of the topper includes organic fruits and vegetables to deliver phytonutrients and antioxidants.
Caru® Pet Food’s Daily Dish™ Broths for dogs and cats taste just like homemade! These savory, vet-formulated broths are made in the USA with limited ingredients that are natural and 100% human grade. They can be served a delicious treat or used as toppers or nutritional enhancements for dry kibble, freeze-dried or dehydrated pet food. Not only can they help pets that need additional hydration, they can also increase appetite appeal for picky eaters. To preserve freshness and make them easy to serve and store, they’re packaged in Tetra Pak® cartons, which are made from up to 59% paper.
New Marie’s Mix-Ins can be served as a treat or topper to a dog’s meal, and are available in grass-fed beef, cage-free chicken, real wild-caught salmon and cage-free turkey flavors. Dogs won’t be able to get enough of the real whole muscle meat in nutrient-rich bone broth. Marie’s Mix-Ins are topped off with superfoods pumpkin and sweet potatoes with turmeric added for joint support.
Stella & Chewy's products are made in USA kitchens with limited ingredients and only responsibly sourced animal proteins. Marie’s Mix-Ins are available in 5.5 and 11 ounce packages.
This company based in Austin, Texas launched its first line of breed-specific health supplements for dogs in August. The company, WoofWell, has officially entered the market after more than a year of research and product development. WoofWell’s breed-specific supplements are currently available for German shepherds, French bulldogs, golden retrievers and Yorkshire terriers.
All four formulas include broad-spectrum hemp oil as an active ingredient, are manufactured in the United States, and are free form corn, wheat, artificial ingredients or preservatives.