WASHINGTON D.C. — After voluntarily recalling two raw pet food products due to possible cross contamination on March 3, Bravo Packing, Inc. announced March 16 it has expanded the recall to include all of its pet food and bone products in all package sizes.
No human or animal illnesses associated with the initial or expanded recall have been reported.
This expanded recall includes:
- Performance Dog (chub) frozen raw dog foods, sold in 2-lb and 5-lb packages
- Green Tripe (chub) frozen raw dog foods, sold in 2-lb and 5-lb packages
- Ground Beef (chub) frozen raw dog foods, sold in 2-lb and 5-lb packages
- Performance Dog (patties) frozen raw dog foods
- Tripe (patties ¼ lbs.) frozen raw dog foods
- 14 varieties of Smoked Bones
The initial recall only included Ground Beef and Performance Dog frozen raw pet food products after samples collected during a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection tested positive for Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
The diets were distributed nationwide to brick-and-mortar retail stores and directly to consumers through a distributor based in Brooklyn, N.Y. Recalled product was sold in 2-lb and 5-lb plastic sleeve packaging.
Bravo Packing is not affiliated with Bravo Pet Foods, a separate manufacturer of frozen raw and freeze-dried pet food and treats.
Read more about recent pet food and treat recalls.