ST. LOUIS — Benson Hill, Inc., a food tech company, hosted its annual Investor Day at the end of March. The company discussed its work with farming partners, expansion of its soybean breeding program and technology, strategic partnership with ADM, the scaling of its commercial portfolio, expansion of its offerings for pet food, and more.
“Since our last Investor Day, we have demonstrated that our strategy to scale innovative seed-to-plate soy ingredients for human food, aquaculture and oil markets is working,” said Matt Crisp, chief executive officer of Benson Hill. “We established a successful closed-loop business model and formed strategic partnerships that amplify the reach of our proprietary ingredients. This year’s Investor Day highlighted the advantages of our CropOS® technology platform, our current commercial portfolio, and our extensive pipeline as we continue to drive adoption of our innovative products.”
Within the pet food and treat industry, Benson Hill shared that recent field and lab test results validated protein and functional specifications within its yellow pea ingredients. The company has slated the first proprietary commercial plantings for 2025, which will specifically serve the pet nutrition industry.
Alongside this, Benson Hill also revealed several other developments including:
- Advancing its foundation with partnering farmers to build a network of seed-to-fork acres
- Scaling its partnership with ADM, which will launch a co-branded portfolio of ingredients in the second quarter of this year
- Leveraging its CropOS technology platform to expand its soybean breeding program
- Opening new market opportunities for Ultra High Protein varieties
- Executing a plan to achieve its financial targets for the year and through 2025.
Read more news from pet food and treat industry suppliers.