FRANKLIN, TENN. — CESAR®, a Mars Petcare brand, introduced its new “Match Up” menu concept on Sept. 13, inspired by favorite human foods synonymous with the football season. To launch this new concept, the brand has partnered with Jeff Mauro, chef, author and a host of Food Network.
The special “Match Up” menu combines existing wet and dry CESAR recipes to offer “dog-friendly game day nibbles.” The menu includes:
- CESAR 7-Layer, combining SIMPLY CRAFTED™ Beef, Chicken, Purple Potatoes, Peas & Carrots; Filet Mignon Flavor & Spring Vegetables Garnish Dry Dog Food and SOFTIES™ Medley Trio Treats
- Tail Waggin Wings, combining Wholesome Bowls Chicken, Carrots, Barley & Green Beans wet recipe with Rotisserie Chicken Flavor & Spring Vegetables dry formula
- Pup Platter, combining Simply Crafted™ with Chicken, Carrots & Green Beans topper with Rotisserie Chicken Flavor & Spring Vegetables dry formula
- Spot’s Tater Skins, combining Wholesome Bowls Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Green Beans wet recipe with Porterhouse Flavor & Spring Vegetables dry formula
- Chili Con Canin Cuisine, combining Simply Crafted™ Beef, Chicken, Purple Potatoes, Peas & Carrots topper with Filet Mignon Flavor & Spring Vegetables dry recipe
- Nachos Supreme, combining Simply Crafted™ Chicken, Carrots, Potatoes & Peas topper with Rotisserie Chicken Flavor & Spring Vegetables dry formula
"Food brings people together, and this football season, the spread is not complete until your dog has something to dine on too," Mauro said. "I love Chicago-style Italian Beef on game day, and the CESAR brand has inspired me to treat [my dogs] Pinot G and JoJo to flavor combinations that match football food favorites, giving them the touchdown experience they deserve, and the high-quality ingredients and flavors they crave."
Mars Petcare has partnered with the Tennessee Titans football team, providing fans the chance to experience the new menu concept on Oct. 9 at a pet-friendly football watch party hosted at Yee-Haw Brewing Co. in Nashville.
"Because CESAR Canine Cuisine is designed with shared moments in mind, we wanted to offer new ways for pet parents to connect with their pups this football season through our delicious-for-dogs game day creations," said Jean-Paul Jansen, vice president of marketing for Mars Petcare North America. "A game of catch in the yard, piling up on the couch to root for your team, and now, sharing in your game day spread together, can help foster more mutual joy found in friendship between people and their pets."
Read more news from pet food manufacturers.