MINNEAPOLIS — In February, Target Corp. announced The Target Accelerators program is accepting applications from pet companies for its Takeoff Pets cohort. The cohort focuses on companies selling pet industry products, including beds and furniture, supplies, technology, toys, healthcare, food and more.
Target will select 10 early-stage companies to attend virtual, weekly educational sessions on perfecting their businesses. Selected companies will receive a $5,000 stipend. The program’s curriculum will cover topics like business pitches, financials and promotions, the retail industry, stakeholders and more.
To apply pet companies must:
- Have an LLC, C-Corp, B-Corp, S-Corp or other registration
- Have applicants who are at least 18 years old
- Currently have a physical product available to sell that solves a unique problem in the industry
- Demonstrate proof of product demand with social media engagement, growth in revenue or growth in customers
- Have mass manufacturing and supply chain capabilities for retail
- Be available for all five weeks of the program from May 16 to June 17
- Not be a current or past vendor with Target
Previous graduates of The Target Accelerators Takeoff Pets include pet vitamin water company Wolf Spring; personalized supplement company Dandy; sustainable dog food company Jiminy’s; and prebiotic, gut-focused dog food company Heed Foods.
The application deadline is Feb. 28. Companies can apply online at targetaccelerators.com.
Read more about pet food and treat industry events.