WASHINGTON D.C. —Sunshine Mills, Inc. on July 29 voluntarily recalled nine lots of chicken and rice recipe dry dog food due to potentially elevated levels of Aflatoxin. Aflatoxin can be harmful to pets if consumed in significant quantities. No illnesses have been reported in association with these products to date. The company has conducted the recall in cooperation with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Products affected by this recall have a best-if-used-by date of 11 Feb 2022. These products were distributed in retail stores nationally and include the following brands in varying package sizes:
- Triumph® Wild Spirit Craft Dog Food Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Evolve® Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Wild Harvest® Premium Dog Food Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Nurture Farms® Natural Dog Food Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Evolve Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Heart to Tail Pure Being® Natural Dog Food Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Elm® Pet Foods Naturals Chicken & Rice Recipe Dog Food
View a full list of recalled products, lot numbers and UPC codes and read the full company announcement published by the FDA..
Retailers who received the recalled lots have been contacted and asked to pull these lots from their inventory and shelves. There are no other Triumph, Evolve, Wild Harvest, Nurture Farms, Pure Being or Elm products outside of the lot codes listed in the announcement affected by this recall.
While no adverse health effects related to these products have been reported, Sunshine Mills has chosen to issue this voluntary recall of the referenced products as a precautionary measure in keeping with the company’s commitment to the safety and quality of its products. Consumers who have purchased the recalled products should discontinue use of the product and may return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Read more about recent pet food and treat recalls.