ARLINGTON, VA. — The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) on June 4 thanked a number of outgoing committee members who volunteered their time and insights to represent the animal food industry, support member services and enable AFIA’s legislative and regulatory agenda from May 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020.
AFIA has 14 committees spanning several animal food topics such as pet food and feed nutrition, equipment manufacturing and ingredient purchasing, quality and safety, and sustainability, to name a few.
“We can’t thank our committee members enough for their service to helping advance AFIA’s mission,” said Constance Cullman, president and chief executive officer of AFIA. “Representing the feed industry with one, unified voice takes a team effort and we appreciate the commitment of time, expertise and resources by all who have served on AFIA committees.”
Outgoing members of the organization’s Pet Food Committee include Eric Altom of Balchem Animal Nutrition & Health; Ken Gilmurray of JBS USA Rendered Products, who passed away in April 2020; Pam Kaufman of Royal Canin USA, Inc.; and Bob Niehues of ADM Animal Nutrition, Inc. (Crosswind Pet Food).
Other notable outgoing 2020 AFIA committee members who serve the pet industry include:
- Kim Litteken of Trouw Nutrition USA, LLC (Marketing Committee)
- Mike Messman of Cargill Feed & Nutrition (Nutrition Committee)
- Janet Remus of DuPont Animal Nutrition (Nutrition Committee)
- Alan Berndtson of WEM Automation, Inc. (Equipment Manufacturers Committee)
- Carlos Gonzalez of Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. (Ingredient Approval and Definition Committee)
- Jim LaMarta of DSM (Ingredient Approval and Definition Committee and International Trade Committee)
- Rick Kanaby, of Neogen Corporation (Production Compliance Committee)
- Rob Yarborough of Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (Production Compliance Committee)
- Elizabeth Barber of The F.L. Emmert Company (Sustainability Oversight Committee)
- Scott McLellan, of Nature's Variety (International Trade Committee)
- Doug Paulson, of Diamond V (International Trade Committee)
- Evan Ibach, of Scoular (Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Committee)
- Will Rock, of Bill Barr & Company, Inc. (Purchasing and Ingredient Suppliers Committee)
Read the full news release from AFIA for a complete list of its outgoing 2020 committee members.
Read more about personnel changes throughout the industry.